Saturday, May 21, 2011

landscaping

This morning I dragged my mom over to do a little landscaping in our backyard.  Our backyard has definitely been a work in progress.  I think the previous owners did nothing so we are starting from scratch.  And yes I know we have been here almost 4 years and we are still working on it!. 

We have some places that have pretty bad erosion, due to the slope of the land.  So after much deliberation, I figured the best way to 'fix" the erosion was to create a wall. 

And the best way to create a wall is with railroad ties!  Thought I was going to say wood.  Well, wood is expensive, especially if you start looking at treated 4x4s or 6x6.  And railroad ties are free ... if you have connections!

So here is the final product .....

No comments:

Post a Comment