Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bad Day ... Good Ending

I had a horrible day at work.  I got nothing done, and got more added to my list.  I had to listen to whiny contractors complain and then threaten when things didn't go their way  I was very late picking Tyler up from daycare (and when he gets dropped off at 7 am I tend to start feeling a little bad when I pick him up after 6 pm ... at least he is appeased by a Crunch bar waiting for him in his car seat) And the list goes on and on ..... and then I realized that it was only Tuesday. 

So as I was getting Tyler's supper ready, I noticed this on my fridge ....


and it made me smile (for what might have been the first time today).

I know you are at the edge of your seat wondering what this is .... well .... this was our Valentine's Day card that Tyler mailed to us.  That's right .... his school took him to the post office to mail a card for his momma and daddy.


We got it in the mail and I was so surprised.  He decorated the front and then we opened it up and saw more decorations .... all done by Tyler!


We kept opening and on the inside was the funniest thing I had read in a really long time.  I guess the teacher asked each kid ..... "Why do you love your mom and dad?" .... then they wrote their answers on the card .... well here is Tyler's answer ....


For some reason Kyle and I thought this was really funny.  Not sure if we were envisioning what other kids said ... or if we were just agreeing with Tyler :) 

So the Valentine's card is still on our fridge and it has definitely done its job.  It made me realize that at the end of the day, who cares if work is piled up, if contractors are acting like 3 year olds, or if it is only Tuesday. There are definitely more important things ....


like when we are going back to Disney World?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment