Monday, April 25, 2011

a creative outlet ....

I am the type of person that needs a creative outlet. Maybe it is because my work tends to be on the not so creative side (i.e. engineering). But looking back on it, I have always been this way: art classes in school, drama class, dance. And more recently: scrapbooking, crocheting (a little bit), and now cookie decorating.


From sitting on the counter when I was little watching my momma bake, to being in charge of the desserts for Thanksgiving, I have always been involved in and enjoyed baking. BRAG ALERT: I even won 2nd place for my pound cake at the SC State Fair when I was in the 8th grade.


Anyways .... back to cookie decorating. I started last Mother's Day when I saw a cute idea ... make flower cookies (with icing ... like you see on the fancy cookies!) and put them in a flower pot! So I researched and read and then attempted. Lets say the attempt was .... OK .... at least these were going to my momma, who I know would love them! (I mean isnt that what Momma's are for!!) It is probably a good thing that I don't have pictures of the very first attempt.


So fast forward a year (and many cookie attempts and holidays later: Tyler's birthday, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day), and I feel like I have come a long way. I am really proud of my easter cookies!

These were for Tyler's Easter Party at school!



No comments:

Post a Comment